Chana Pulao is delicious and healthy variation for vegetable pulav. Chana Pulao is an excellent dish for your daily meals.This is an easy and simple yet tasty one pot meal. This is one of the instant pot recipe collection. Healthy and Delicious Chana Pulao along with Onion raita. This is so simple and easy to prepare.
Chana is rich in protein and fiber and this is perfect for lunch box.
Chana pulao is a good combination with onion raita
Ingredients for Chana Pulao:
Shahjeera – 1/2 tsp
cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
cinnamon stick – 1 inch stick
cardamom – 3
cloves – 4
bay leaves – 2
ginger garlic and green chilli paste – 1 tbsp
onions – 1 medium size chopped
tomatoes – 2 medium size
turmeric – 1/4 tsp
garam masala – 1/2 tsp
red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
salt – to taste
curd(whisked) – 1/2 cup
chickpeas(soaked for 6 hours & boiled till soft) – 2 cups
rice(washed) – 3 cups
water – 4 cups
Kasuri methi/ dried fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp
coriander leaves – few
Steps to prepare Chana Pulao:
- Turn ON the IP on the saute mode and add butter.
- Add Shahjeera, cumin, cloves, cinnamon stick, cardamom, bay leaf and saute for a minute or till aromatic.
- Add the ginger, garlic and green chilli paste. Fry till the raw smell goes off. Add the chopped onion and saute till they turn soft.
- Add the dry spices – turmeric, garam masala and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till they are soft. Add salt.
- Add the soaked and boiled chickpeas. Add curd. mix everything well. Cook till all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add rice(washed), water, kasuri methi and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Turn off the IP mode and turn on the manual mode. Cook for 8 minutes.
- 5 minutes after the beep, release the pressure and open the lid.
- The pulav is ready to be plated.
- Garnish it with some coriander leaves and fried onions.