Mint Pulao Recipe or Pudina pulao recipe – South Indian style pulao recipe made with fresh mint/pudina leaves. Mint leaves are highly aromatic and they add a fresh taste to the rice. Fragrant and spicy pulao made with mint leaves and spices. Pudina pulao is an easy to make instant rice dish which can be served with onion raita in lunch or dinner. Perfect Lunchbox recipe.
Pudina Rice / Mint Rice Recipe is a flavorful rice recipe which is very quick and easy to prepare. Mint also has medicinal properties and aids in digestion. I have used fresh mint leaves for this recipe as they have a lot more flavor than store bought ones.
Ingredients Mint Pulao Recipe:
Basmati Rice – 2 cups (400 ml)
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cinnamon – 1Piece
Clove – 4
Cardamom pods – 3 nos
star anise – 1
cumin – 1 tsp
Bay leaf – 2 nos
cashews – few
Onion – 1 medium size sliced
Green Chilies – 6 or 7 (adjust to taste)
Ginger & Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Mint leaves – 1 bunch (1 cup)
beans – 1/4 cup
carrots – 1/4 cup
green peas – 1/4 cup
curd – 1/2 cup
lemon juice v- 1 tsp
Few Coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Method Mint Pulao Recipe:
1. Add green chilies, mint leaves and lemon juice to a blender and blend smooth.
2. Switch on the IP and turn ON the saute mode.
3. Add 1 tbsp of ghee and 2 tbsp of oil.
4. Add cinnamon, clove ,cardamon pods, star anise, cashews and bay leaves. Fry till they turn golden.
5. Add Sliced onions and saute till they are soft.
6. Add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes off
7. Add beans, carrots and green peas. Fry for 2 minutes
8. Add the prepared mint and green chili paste. Cook for 5 minutes
9. Add curd and cook till the oil separates. This takes around 5 minutes. Add salt and coriander leaves.
10. Add basmati rice and 3 cups of water.
11. Switch off the IP and turn on the manual mode. Cook for 6 minutes.
12. 6 minutes after the beep, release the pressure. Open the lid
13. Mint pulao is ready to be served.